Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Proud mom, Juls, shows off her Mother's Day frock next to her shiny car
"Sometimes the census man comes round to count the population,
And mother always says to him: "housewife's my occupation".
But housewife means a lot of things, at least it does to mother..."

Unfortunately, those are the only lines I can still remember from a poem I had to learn and recite for a Mother's Day Sunday School Program when I was a child of about 7 or 8 years old.  It went on to list several things that mothers do as housewives, some of them quite herculean in scope.  My own mother passed away several years ago but her presence is still enduring in a lot of ways.  So to mothers everywhere I say Happy Mother's Day - whatever that means to you.

Click here to join our forum's Mother's Day Celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment